Monday, June 1, 2015

Pet Update, and Pictures from Academ of Science

Meet Phillip J Fry. I was bad and splurged on a betta boy. He's really pretty, and so fiesty which is uncommon anymore with the petshop guys. He's in my 2Lfor quarentine since the last 4 poor guys I picked up from evil corporate petshop all died from velvet and infections. Im not dealing with velvet in a bigger tank.That is velvet? a parasitic infestation, kinda like fish fleas but deadly.. and so microscopic they look like orangy velvet on the fish. Its a pain to get rid of. But anyway, I had a Facebook poll to name him and Phil just seemed right, Captain Purplesides was also a big contender. Pickles is great, though not pictured. Castor is a jerk and healthy, but loving, and the girls have started playing and digging at night which is keeping me up, so I will have to play with them more during the day. I took their hidey house, punched some holes in it and secured it to the roof of the cage, for their enjoyment, which they really do enjoy. 


While mom was staying I made Pancake muffins. The joy of these muffins is they have the syrup already mixed in, and you can add any mix ins you want in the muffin tins. I made berry, coconut, chocolate chip and pumpkin spice. So yummy. 


Easy Baked Pancake Muffins
Make about 16-18 muffins
Ingredients
2 cups pancake mix
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup maple  syrup


optional mix-ins (1-2 TBLS per muffin)

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Super easy!

So I had posted before that Handsome took Mom and I to the Academy of Sciences for Nightlife a bit ago, so here are some pictures!! 




















The bear is Monarch, the male bear who posed for the California State Flag. Also shown an extinct passenger pigeon and extinct Carolina Parakeet

No comments:

Post a Comment