Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Best Birthday Gift EVER

Thanks to the wonderful, amazing, handsome, tall and manly Gentleman Friend I got to experiance a SAFARI!! Right here in Cali!! He took me to Safari West, up in Santa Rosa. We got up around 6 am or so and headed out, with sandwiches and snacks in hand :3 Safari West is a privet collection of wild animals on 400 acres, and a member of the Assosiation of Zoo's in America. Btw I LOVE Giraffes. The only bummer is between 2 of us there were 4 cameras and all out of commision that weekend. Luckily my phone actually took some beautiful pictures :3







Thats a Masai Giraffe. They have feathered dark spots










White Rhino's






BTW My head is about to explode at this point


Yes, Wildebeasts!!!


The Water Oxen are one of the most dangerous Animals on the savanna, they will attack you one at a time, in a herd of over 100. and they will wait for days if your up a tree


Our Chariot, BTW I want one....


Sacred Crane and Whistling duck


Hard to see, but theres an hours old baby money in mamas arms


Tortoise and Cheetah's


More Monkeys and a Lagoon


Also, 3 kinds of flamingos!!!


The Sacred Cranes again




Mama Reticulated Giraffe!!:D



Two of the cutest baby Giraffes!! And a little guy wanting to feed them


Baby Giraffe and Daddy Giraffe

And just to be super nerdy there are 9 subspecies of Giraffe. Most are threatened or endagered, and one if extinced in the wild. Save the Giant Goats!! (not really but kind of)

Also They had a cute little gift shop.. I was an adult. 






After a few hours of blowing my mind that handsome man took me for In-N-Out Burger, then to the Charles Shulz Museum. Who is Charles Shulz? Maybe you've heard of Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang? "Sparky" as he was known, lived in Santa Rosa for 30 years, where he drew, iced skated and generally made the town a better place.. or even a place (lets face it Santa Rosa, theres not much there) The museum has his personal collection of comics, his actual office and a wall from his house where he painted a mural for his daughter. more head splodies




The mural there is made of....


These!!






My parents used to have a pony named Spark Plus after the cartoon that inspired Shulz


The fountains had rainbows!! But its California so the sun is bright so your blind if you try to drink





Ya thats a penny smash machine. I collect them if you are unaware.... and so now I have 4 more for my collection!! Well, when I find them... I misplaced them in i think Gentleman Friends Car.... I also got a cute little toy atSafari West, a build a Giraffe!!! :D OMG I love it!! 





Thanks you Handsome, This was the greatest gift I've ever gotten. 

1 comment:

  1. holy moly this is amazing! I love the lazy zebra who is just too hot and tired to be bothered, haha. I knew you must have been a cancer baby, as am I. My birthday is July 10, in 2 and a half weeks!

    Last time I went on a safari was at Busch Gardens and it was so much fun. Also there's a random mansion in Murfreesboro that has zebras and wildebeasts? Like...why? A random little city in TN...and it's a house...with a lot of land....who wanted African Savannah animals...I don't know, but yeah.

    ReplyDelete