Today I dont have to be into work untill late, so I did some cooking. Last night I made a yummy Chicken and wild rice soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups (3 quarts) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice blend
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, medium dice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, medium dice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and rice, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender but still has some firmness, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, and season with freshly ground black pepper. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add parsley, taste, and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
It came out amazing!! As for today I made carrot chips, sweet potato chips and candied tangerine peels. Yay for poor girl making food!