Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How to spend all of your monies in 3 days

First off my T button still is acting funny, so sorry if I dont catch all of the silly typos. its amazing how many times you use a T. This week has been an expensive one for me. I thought I was good and bought a beautiful pair of boots to get around town in. I love them and will wear the shit out of them like I do my brown ones, but if I had known what was to come I would have waited.  My Union randomly decided I needed to pay them $266 in a week or they would cancel my membership and so fire me from selling shoes from my corporate department store. I was up on my dues, so Im not sure why the squeeze... but its paid. Then I paid the water bill, and there apparently was a typo and I over paid by like $50 it turns out... which will be good for later but GEEZE... Now I get to get the car worked on and pay the ticket i go for expired tags.... lol... plus the phone bill was almost $100 more then usual (have to ask them about THAT)

All in all Im broke... good thing I have Christmas figured out for the most part!! 

But this is a great excuse to use my delightful dried goods that I got for my birthday so long ago. I also have part of a turkey which will become soup and enchilada's this week, then im really excited about making this wonderful looking recipe from Crockpot 365. Here if you dont feel like clicking the link.

2 cups lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
1 onion, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (with juice!)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups hearty torn greens, like kale or chard (if you'd prefer spinach, stir in before serving)
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (optional: add another 1 to 2 cups of broth if you'd like before serving)

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the rinsed lentils into the bottom of an empty insert. Add the diced celery, carrot, onion, and garlic (if you have a food processor, it might be helpful to use). Add the entire can of diced tomatoes, and add the seasonings and torn greens. Stir in the broth (I used chicken, but any broth will work just fine).
Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the lentils are soft. If you'd like to stretch this to feed more, or for a thinner soup, feel free to add more broth. 

Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and a hunk of garlic bread.


This will be perfect as I have everything already except canned tomatoes, which are CHEAP!! I have been growing Dinosaur Kale, which is the best of the kales in my opinion. They have the most texture, perfect for soups.

Sorry so whinney, feeling the pressure and instead of freaking out about classes as I prolly should be, this is what Im obsessing over. Geeze Im weird.

If your looking for something interesting to listen to, check out the Studio 360 podcats, which are free, weekley and AMAZING. As Im typing this I am listening to a special on I Love Lucy, and Curt Andersen is talking to people who worked on he show, playing clips, talking to feminists about their veiws- positive and negative- about it, just so good!!! Most people know Im SO IN LOVE WITH PODCASTS!! Their free-ness, the stories, the time filling :3



No comments:

Post a Comment