Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

As I write this it is Christmas Eve here, but Christmas day other places. Happy all other holidays as well to those who dont celebrate this holiday, and to those who are anti holidays, hope its just a good day.

Today I had to work (why? people have to get presents 12 hours before the day) and before work i was going over some of my life choices. Im pretty happy with the physical ones, but I need to get my fiscal life together quickly, and maybe my mental health. Im good with money in the short term but long term I loose it, and its a shame. This bothers me quite a bit... which makes me sad and start feeling old bad feelings. I guess this means as good as I have been doing for the past year or so, I still have demons to conquer... we all do i guess. BTW got another ticket even though I had all he paperwork from the DMV. The officer (fiscal rapist) decided to not accept the paperwork. Well, Ill be fighting THAT one...

I didn have my shit together and so now am at my aunties house alone, their all out looking at lights. sad I missed it, but my fault. But they will be home soon and we will be together. BTW I had a beer while waiting for them, something outside my usual activities, is this why Im so cathartic? Bleh....

Ok, more happy time!! Mommy is here!! :D Yesterday for Christmas my aunties took mom and I to the Great Dickens Faire for our Christmas gift. it was so awesome!! So Dickens Faire is a Festival where they dress the Cow Palace (A real place in san francisco) up like the victorian streets of london and everyone dresses and talks like dickens characters! they act out parts of the novels at random times, lots of stage shows around, and amazing vendors. My favorite soup bowls are from there (I get one every year, soon Ill have a set! lol) We ate Bangers and Mash, listened to a hammered dolcemer, watched a family friendly "burleque" show, shopped, ate spiced nuts, and generally had a great time. Ill post pictures ASAP, but I forgot my cord for my phone...

You can see some shots on Instagram (shameless plus) at UntidyVenus

I have been making gifts like a fiend, trying new recipes, and even made a dump cake and a pie. Oh, and make these, their EASY PEASY and fun!! And soooooo good!!!


Homemade Peppermint Candies
Ingredients
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
  • 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons shortening
Instructions
  1. Add condensed milk, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and peppermint extract to a large mixing bowl. Mix everything on medium speed using the paddle attachment until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Add more powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is stiff but still pliable.
  2. Roll 3/4″ balls of dough between the palms of the hands.
  3. Press each ball down slowly and set the flattened disk on a flat cutting board or plate. Transfer peppermint disks to the freezer for no longer than 30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, temper the chocolate coating.
  4. Place chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments, making sure to stir after each time until chocolate is smooth. Stir in shortening to thin the chocolate. Remove patties from the freezer.
  5. Place a patty on the tines of the fork and dip in the chocolate until completely covered. Allow excess chocolate to drip off the patty before setting each one on top of wax or parchment paper.
  6. Allow the chocolate coated peppermint patties to completely set up. This can be done quicker by placing the patties in the refrigerator. The peppermint patties are ready when they are dry to the touch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment