Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holidays, Finals and General Crazyness

Hey all! sorry for the neglect, still gunna blame the no internet at the abode.

To begin!! Gentleman Friend took me to see the Ace Man as teased before. It was a wonderful show, we laughed the whole time! A great show, and before hand we had delish burgers at a place in Northbeach called Burger Meister, I recomend it :)






Later that week was Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays, because i love food. We had 19 people, 2 turkeys, a ham, a goose and fried chicken!! (courtisy of GF) I made Great Grandma's dressing, a Chai Cake and a Buttermilk Pie. I had never had buttermilk pie, and its darn good!! and Super Easy!! So here is the Recipe from REAL SIMPLE magazine. because Im old school-

Raspberry Buttermilk Pie

Whicsk together-
1 1/2C Buttermilk
3/4C Sugar
1/2C Butter (one stick)
1/4C Flour
5 Eggs YOLKS
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4tsp Kosher Salt

Pour into a pie crust (make and parbake or buy a crust like i did)

Bake at 325f untill center is set but wobbly (like jello!) or 40-50 minutes. Lets chill for 4-5 hours+ Top with Raspberry Jam and toasted slivered or sliced almonds. 

Before baking and after


So good!!! So here are some thanksgiving pictures at the Aunts house. :)
















So good!! My sister even stopped by! Crazyness. it was to eat and run, but still! on Friday I was supposed to work, but got locked out of my house. to cheer me up, and see my mama, Steve took me to meet up with them and we went for a walk out on Point Pinole. So delightful!




The following Saturday GF and I went to see one of our FAVORITE bands, Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine!! If you dont know who they are, jump on the youtube... now!! Ill wait... ok, it was a super rad, with dinner again at Burger Meister. (since bimbos is like a block from Cobb's) Cheese and the band were great, and Bimbos is a cool place, very prohabition era, but they cram to many people in there. Its kind of pricey for sharing a table with 5 other people, and not being able to get to the ladies room.... 




So ya, this is what has been up!! Ill leave you with a SUUUUPER cute Mr. Pickles picture




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your encouragement =]. All of this food looks amazing and I miss food so much haha. I've been scrimping so I can save money on Christmas gifts and travelling to see family.

    ReplyDelete