Friday, August 24, 2012

Grilled Cheese and New Look

Hey all! How is everyone? Its been a long time but I do have a recipe for you! Actually a few variations on Grilled Cheese, which is one of my favorite meals :) its cheap, delish, and a crowd pleaser. For this day I had a stale baguette, lots of cheeses and other varios things, so this is what I came up with to refresh the bread and make a super yummo meal :) Look at that thing! Amazing.

Ingrediants-
Baguette
Mozzarella
Dubliner
Apricot Preserves
Butter
Chicken Broth (stay with me...)

Start with the stale baguette, yours may be fresh but mine was rock hard! Slice in half. Get a pan on medium heat with some butter in it. Once the butter is melted, get the insides of the baguette roasty toasty. Flip the bread and spread the preserves on the inside of the baguette. Layer the mozzarella and dubliner in once side and put the top on that puppy! Now because my bread was so stale, to refresh it, I flipped mine top down, added a little chicken broth to the pan and covered. This allowed the bread to steam in chickeny goodness!!



 Once the broth evaporated, I took the lid off, upped the heat a bit and crisped the bread. I have to tell ya this worked AMAZING, infact I did it again but this time with Cheddar, Blue Cheese and Fig spread! YUM!

Also for those who read the actual blog, I have done some updates! New header and more... Things will be changing around some more BUT this is the fun for now! Stay tuned, more Darlene updates will be coming, art, recipes and some Lion's joy!! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment